[Announcement] Sugarizer v0.5 is available for your device
lionel at olpc-france.org
Fri Oct 17 11:25:13 EDT 2014
I'm proud to announce the fifth version (0.5) of Sugarizer, a taste of
Sugar for any device.
I've decided to put the focus on this version on three majors points:
- Responsive Design: to ensure that Sugarizer could work on any screen
size, from the smallest smartphone screen (320x480) to the bigger tablet
- Android support: I've done a huge work to ensure that Sugarizer and
activities work well on Android so I've fixed lot of issues related to
Android limitation. Of course due to diversity of the Android ecosystem,
some issues could still exist on Android versions lower than 4.2.
- Firefox OS support: Thanks to Mozilla foundation that help me on that,
Firefox and Firefox OS are now #1 platforms for Sugarizer. Sugarizer has
been tested successfully on Firefox browser and on several Firefox OS
devices (Keon, Peak, Flame).
Finally, because it's very important for us that Sugar/Sugarizer could be
accessible to every users, I've packaged and published Sugarizer on three
major app stores:
- Google Play:
- Amazon Store: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NKK7PZA
- Firefox Market Place: https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/sugarizer/
Of course, you could also install it by yourself using instructions on the
Sugarizer website if you don't like stores.
Other features of this version:
- Updated TurtleJS version, now save automatically context in the Journal
- Updated Gears version, now use colors for gears
- New Etoys activity (beta)
- Favorites activities are now saved in user settings (so, could be
retrieved from a device to another)
- Favorites activities are now configurable at server settings
- German localization
Do not hesitate to fork and contribute: I need you to Sugarize the world !
All contributors are welcome.
P.S.: Special thanks for their contribution on this version to: Jorge
Alberto Gómez López (TurtleJS activity), Manuel Quiñones (Gears activity),
Bert Freudenberg (Etoys activity), Christian Stroetmann (German
localization), Jason Weathersby (Firefox OS support).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel