Status of marvell-ipp

ben ben at
Tue Oct 7 17:17:43 EDT 2014

On 10/08/2014 07:46 AM, James B wrote:
> Dear all,
> I'm the maintainer of a small desktop Linux OS (FatdogArm) which runs on many ARM platforms including OLPC XO-1.75 and XO-4; together with Yioryos we released support for OLPC late last year.
> I have recently looked at video playback acceleration and have successfully managed to get it going for other platforms, so I'm thinking to do so on OLPC as well. Before I start, though, I'd like to ask you about the status of marvell-ipp ( as of today?
> I checked the OLPC git repos and rpmdropbox and I can't get the marvel-ipp binaries there. I can actually find these  binaries by doing google search (and the binaries were clearly marked for OLPC usage) but I would rather be in the clear when it comes to licensing - are these licensed to OLPC so that they can be used in any OS that runs on the XOs, or are the license more restricted than that? (ie: no license at all, license per region, official OLPC OS only, etc, etc). If it is licensed freely, then is there an official location where I can get this binaries?
I don't know the licence part. But I know OLPC has a repository which
has ipp binaries from Marvell built for Android. And we do have asked a
permission from Marvell to let us put their binaries on a public server.

I don't know if it compatible with your software since Android has a
different C library implementation. See