Announcing another early Android build for XO-4

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 12 01:58:17 EDT 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:35:12AM +1200, ben wrote:
> On 05/12/2014 11:26 AM, James Cameron wrote:
> >but i thought mmcblk0 is always the device booted from, regardless of
> >whether it is internal or external.
> Not on my XO-4. It maps external to mmcblk1 if booted from external.

Thanks, yes, that's what it looks like.  I don't think it is reliable
though, as it depends on the discovery order, which is not
predictable.  See commend in olpc-sd.rules in dracut-modules-olpc.

Looking at olpc-boot-cmdline.sh in dracut-modules-olpc, we use
/dev/disk/mmc references instead of the legacy /dev/mmcblk references.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/