gnome applet can't initialize Clutter

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat May 10 15:01:48 EDT 2014

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 7:55 PM, Scott Chapman <scott at mischko.com> wrote:
> I'm new to the XO-4.  So it appears that nobody is running a GUI besides
> Sugar on these?

No idea, I have a bunch of XO-4s and other XO devices as I was
involved in the bring up of the ARM platforms and devices.

> We don't have opengl support in the X drivers because of the video type on
> these?

Nope, welcome to closed drivers... The reverse engineered etna_viv
driver will one day be usable with luck but it will depend on a newer
upstream kernel.

> I wonder why OLPC published a build with Gnome if it is this broken?

It's not completely broken, just some components.

Peter