Announcing another early Android build for XO-4

James Cameron quozl at
Wed Mar 19 00:57:07 EDT 2014

An Android 4.3.1 (Jelly Bean) build for the XO-4 laptop.

OLPC is preparing an Android, Sugar and Gnome dual-boot system for the

Our next development release of a dual boot build is available, with
the following changes:

- a boot menu, if the rocker down key is held during power up,

- the touchpad works,

- power management works,

- the automatic partition resize no longer requires a first boot into

- switched to user build from engineer build,

- the power button menu will work once new firmware is released, which
  should be tomorrow.

The build is based on our arm-3.5 kernel, with changes which will be
found in the arm-3.5-android branch of our olpc-kernel repository.

James Cameron