[Sugar-devel] seeking help to enable nepali keyboard input for XO-4

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Mon Jun 16 21:03:52 EDT 2014

Walter,
   You remember correctly.  The hard/clicky/crunchy keyboards are not rated
for as long a lifetime as the membrane/chewy keyboards.   While the membrane
keyboard design was tested to 5 million key presses, IIRC the clicky keyboard is
only rated to 1 million key presses.   (On the other hand, it takes one minute
to replace a clicky keyboard versus twenty for a membrane keyboard.)

WARNING:  The clicky keyboard was not approved for use by small children
by UL.   The reason is that if the keys are pulled off they present a choking
hazard.

Cheers,
wad