[Server-devel] Upgrade many machines

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 22:36:04 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 7:33 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> No reason, thanks for reminding me.  I guess xs-rsync on the local
> server?

yep

 - oatslite to send the upgrade msg
 - XOs need to be registered
 - xs-rsync to host the new img

There are several possible gotchas I have not thought through, and I
no longer remember in clear enough detail. Signed vs unsigned, OATs
keys (master or delegated), whether olpc-update has any showstopper
bugs in this specific configuration, etc.

So it might not be feasible with the given configuration. However, it
might be worthwhile to upgrade to a state where the next upgrade can
be handled with this mechanism...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 -  ask interesting questions
 ~ http://docs.moodle.org/en/User:Martin_Langhoff