32013a4 [Devel Digest, Vol 96, Issue 26]

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 12:55:28 EST 2014

> An Android 4.3.1 (Jelly Bean) build for the XO-4 laptop.
>
> OLPC is preparing an Android, Sugar and Gnome dual-boot system for the
> XO-4.
>
> Our next development release of a dual boot build is available.
>
> The build is based on our arm-3.5 kernel, with changes which can be
> found in the arm-3.5-android branch of our olpc-kernel repository.
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Android
> http://build.laptop.org/android/2014-02-26/

Tried 32013a4. Pretty smooth :)

On Android suspend and wake up both from the power button and lid is fine.
There is a red frame flashing at times (and once got stuck, for some time) and it takes a tad longer to sense screen rotation but other than that no major issues beyond the known ones.
Wifi, bluetooth, sound, onscreen keyboard, youtube videos had no problems.

An app to turn-off the laptop (how do you turn it off other than the power button?) would be handy as well as an app to unmount devices (usb etc).

Nice going!

BTW the ReleaseNotes.html points to the password-proteced morphoss site for the download.