EC, CForth exploratory commands?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 23:44:11 EDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:25 PM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2014, at 9:19 PM, Jon Nettleton wrote:
>
>> Otherwise you really need a jtag debugger.
>
> Or Open Firmware --- by far the nicest bringup
> tool I've ever had the pleasure to use.

Yup. I'm learning OFW love alright with the kind hand of u-boot.

To be fair, I am getting help from the u-boot maintainers and I am
just kicking the tires and trying to update some board files to latest
u-boot. But in the back of my mind I run through  "how would you use
u-boot in bringup instead of ofw?".

Lots of things I "knew" from discussions with y'all during bringups is
now becoming clearer.

Having the best u-boot hacker in the world would probably would bring
you to a good outcome. And yeah, we had Mitch and OFW...

I still like OFW a whole lot better.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 -  ask interesting questions