Helping test Sugar 0.100

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at
Thu Sep 26 14:58:39 EDT 2013

To all the people interested in help to test the new features in Sugar
I have prepared rpms to install over a 13.2.0 image on xo-1.5 (I didn't
tested on
xo-1, but should work). The rpms include some improvements developed to
include in Australia images too.

*Steps to install:*
1) Install 13.2.0, as explained here:
2) Download
4) In the terminal
rpm -e sugar-update-control
rpm -Uvh *.rpm
rm -rf .sugar

*What is new on Sugar 0.100?*

This is a pretty exciting release, with many improvements:
Web Sevices:
Multiple Home Views:
Multi Selection in the Journal:
Enable change Home Icon:
Content Support:
Background image in Home View:
Database Support in 3G Modems control panel:

the Activities Updater was improved too, now can update from or from

The pygobject/gobject-introspection rpms included, contain fixes and
performance improvements developed by Daniel Drake.

*And more!*

These patches have more fun, in development for Australia.
New age and gender request dialog (to improve statistics collection)
Proxy configuration: (based on work from Manuel QuiƱones over the original
feature proposal
WPA/WPA2 conections:
Hidden Access Points connection (based in the feature

*What is out?*

We can't test web activities in F18 yet. There are work ongoing, but is not

If someone need rpm sources, tell me, are not included in the zip to make
easier the installation.

Please report any issue you found in sugar-devel mailing list or fill a
ticket in