[Sugar-devel] Activity Central's Sugar related priorities.

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 19:35:11 EDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 October 2013 23:39, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> I agree with Samuel; that with the loss of public review of patches
>> participation in development has been confined to those who take the
>> trouble to visit a web site.
>>
>> (The reviews by mail were also stimulating other discussion on list).
>>
>> So on the theory that developers are developing with less review (even
>> though it might be unseen greater review), this leads to the
>> conclusion that Sugar is being developed by these developers "on their
>> own".
>

> Well "everyone seems to be developing their own version of Sugar" seems to
> be more than that. But maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I am only aware of one group "developing their own version of Sugar":
Activity Central. There is the Sugar Network project as well, but that
is more about glue around Sugar. Gonzalo and I are working with Sugar
upstream in Australia (although we are ahead of master in a few places
as Sugar 100 has been in freeze).

> There aren't multiple groups of people or individuals developing sugar on
> their own. As far as I know all the work that is being done these days is
> going upstream.

regards.

-walter
--