[Sugar-devel] Few sugar activities crashes

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 12 08:31:29 EST 2013

Hi Basanta

This is more suitable for the olpc-devel list, but see below

On Tue, 2013-11-12 at 11:25 +0545, Basanta Shrestha wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 4:40 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org>
> wrote:
>         You should check where are you getting the list of activities
>         and versions.
>
>         In the file  olpc-os-13.2.0-xo4.ini you have a section:
>
>         [sugar_activity_group]
>         url=http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1
>

> The activities that get installed doesn't match the version shown on
> above link. I wonder why.

OOB will append the sugar version end of that string using 13.2.0, 13.2,
13 in that order so what gets used should be:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1/13.2
Does that match what is being installed?

>         this url points to a page with the activities and versions to
>         download.
>
>         If you want try, I am working with a cloned repository
>         https://github.com/godiard/olpc-os-builder/tree/v7.0
>         with the last version of sugar, many activities updates,
>         and a few changes implemented for the Australia deployment.
>
>         Gonzalo
>

> Yes I am giving it a try.
>

>         On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 5:56 AM, Basanta Shrestha
>         <basanta.shrestha at olenepal.org> wrote:
>         > HI,
>         > On my 13.2.0 build, few activities like peppy, write,
>         terminal doesn't work.
>         >
>         > When I uninstall the default version of terminal ( version
>         41) and install
>         > terminal-40.xo, it works.  But when I try to generate image
>         by putting
>         > version 40
>         under /usr/share/doc/olpc-os-builder-7.0.0/examples/activities/
>         > it doesn't install.
>         >
>         > I always use olpc-os-builder --cache-only
>         olpc-os-13.2.0-xo4.ini. I was
>         > wondering will removing --cache-only in the above command
>         will look for new
>         > terminal version and solve the issue?
>         >
>         > Or is there a way to exclude installing some sugar
>         activities through
>         > olpc-os.13.2.0.xo4.ini file ? so that I can test and install
>         the ones that
>         > works?
>         >
>         > Please suggest.
>         >

Should you wish to alter the activities you could create your own
microformat page listing your activities or change OOB to use the
sugar_activities_extra module listing each url for the activities you
want to use.

Jerry