[Sugar-devel] seeking help to enable nepali keyboard input for XO-4

Basanta Shrestha basanta.shrestha at olenepal.org
Mon Nov 11 23:51:44 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> > If you need to scale up this change to many laptops, contact
> > reuben at laptop.org or myself.  I must know the SKU number.
>
> In the particular case of changing language/keyboard defaults as we
> are discussing, instead of changing manufacturing data I would
> recommend doing it via olpc-os-builder, configuration for [base], see
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-os-builder/tree/modules/base/README#n46

Doing it via olpc-os-builder would be easier especially when we be having
more than 200 laptops to work on. This way we won't have to deal with each
and every laptop. So the lines I would have to add would be following :

[base]
default_language=us

default_kbd_model=us
default_kbd_layout=us
default_kbd_variant=np

But where do we set the key combination to switch between default and
nepali. I would like to assign alt+space or alt+shift as combination.

Note: We need to set default layout to english. Nepali input is only
required for few activities in Epaath and for typing document in Nepali.

-basanta