[Sugar-devel] seeking help to enable nepali keyboard input for XO-4

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 08:05:12 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Basanta Shrestha
<basanta.shrestha at olenepal.org> wrote:
> They are hard/clicky ones.

So I think what we should do is a combination of the suggestions made
previously: if you set the manufacturing data (KL)  [1] to tell the
laptops that they have Nepali keyboards, you will be part of the way
there. But we need to make a new variant (KV) for the "hard/clicky"
(HS) keyboard. As I mentioned earlier, we need to decide what the key
combination for switching languages will be, since there is no
physical :Language key.

-walter

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Manufacturing_data

> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Basanta Shrestha
>> <basanta.shrestha at olenepal.org> wrote:
>> > But for XO-4 we will just be getting ones with English layout. I was
>> > wondering how we can enable nepali keyboard input on it.
>>
>> Are these keyboards hard/clicky/high-school style, or soft/membrane?
>>
>> Daniel
>

> --
> Basanta Shrestha
> Network Engineer