[Sugar-devel] seeking help to enable nepali keyboard input for XO-4

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 8 11:33:31 EST 2013

On 8 Nov 2013, at 14:24, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about a virtual touch keyboard layout?  Just wondering?

FWIW: I'm pretty sure (check [1] & [2]) that Nepali layouts were not part of the Maliit set I was asked to work on for the XO-4 touch keyboard layouts. It's been over a year ago, and a lot of things were going on, so my memory is a little rusty.

If the XO-4's in question do have the touch screen hardware support, creating a layout file is not too difficult (as long as the required fonts glyphs are already installed). That is a beauty of touch screen keyboards, they may not be as good as tactile keyboards, but you can have almost any language layout you want with no hardware changes.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Garycmartin/Maliit_Layouts
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User_talk:Garycmartin/Maliit#Currently_available_language_layouts

Regards,
--Gary