[Sugar-devel] Private vs Public conversations.

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Fri Nov 1 13:04:11 EDT 2013

Thanks for the update. Currently, AC does not have the credibility to
participate in the design process. Let's give it 2-3 months for AC's
R&D team learning how to work effectively with the HTML5+JS team at
SL.

In the first couple of weeks, I expect that this will mostly involve
creating web activities to build familiarity the the technologies and
API's. The return value to Sugar Labs will be testing and feedback
about the current web activities framework.

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 October 2013 20:29, David Farning <dfarning at activitycentral.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Phase two -- Let's look at lessons learned from other projects. We can
>> focus on the road map and product specification. From my experience,
>> these two piece can provide an anchor for the rest of the project:
>> 1. The act of sitting down and hashing out the roadmap and project
>> specification causes everyone to sit back and assess their individual
>> priorities and goals.... and how they fit into the project as a whole.
>> 2. The act of deciding which items are above the line and which are
>> below the line, which are targeted for this release and which are
>> pushed to a future release, help find the balance between what is
>> possible some day and what is probable in X months of work with
>> existing resources.
>> 3. Sitting back and preparing for a release forces us to asses what is
>> good enough for release what is not. It is a good feedback loop.
>> 4. Finally, after a successful release everyone can sit back bask is
>> the satisfaction that maybe we didn't save the world... but we make
>> enough progress that it is worth getting up again tomorrow and doing
>> it all again.
>

> Hi David,
>
> I just started a thread about 0.102 focus and features. If you want to get
> involved defining the upstream roadmap there is your chance! For 0.100 we
> kept that very very simple, a short list of new features basically. But if
> you want to contribute with a product specification I think that would be
> awesome.

David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com