[support-gang] 1TB drive of quality open content on XO/XS--won't boot

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 29 01:12:39 EDT 2013

Interesting.

It doesn't prevent boot of an XO in my tests just now.  Open Firmware
simply ignores the device, and won't boot from it.  Sugar sees the
drive fine.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=1M count=1
# mkudffs -b 512 --media-type=hd /dev/sdc

For USB flash drives, I know that some devices do wear levelling
differently for the FAT filesystem areas, so I would not recommend UDF
for USB flash drives.

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 12:51:02AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:28:40AM -0400, Holt wrote:
> > Braddock will also try to convert his 1TB NTFS drive(s) to ext3 as a
> > workaround.  Thanks so much James.
> >
> I found this in my RSS travels, seems it might be something to test:
>
> http://tanguy.ortolo.eu/blog/article93/usb-udf
> -Kevix

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/