[ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for OLPC XO
quozl at laptop.org
Fri May 24 05:59:06 EDT 2013
Announcing a build of Tiny Core Linux for the OLPC XO.
This is useful for testing, diagnosis, and recovery of filesystems on
an unlocked XO.
My thanks to George Hunt and Yioryos Asprobounitis for all their hard
work toward this. All I did was pull the strings, I reckon.
- runs on XO-1, XO-1.5, XO-1.75, or XO-4,
- configured for a single root shell in text mode, with alternate
consoles available for login,
- based on Core 4.7.6, uses the OLPC kernel from 13.2.0-7, and
includes latest signed Open Firmware versions for automatic upgrade,
- includes wireless firmware for each laptop, and wireless
tools from Tiny Core Linux.
a. unzip the file on a USB drive or SD card,
b. ensure the XO is unlocked,
c. boot from the media.
- serial console shell might not start,
- associates automatically with a network named "qz".
1. Tiny Core Linux
2. mktinycorexo script
3. mktinycorexo script git repository
git clone http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/mktinycorexo/.git
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Devel