13.2.0 release candidate 1 (build 7) released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu May 23 10:47:56 EDT 2013

Hi,

We're pleased to announce the first release candidate of our new
13.2.0 software release.

Information and installation instructions can be found here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.0

Quick links for those who know which files need to be grabbed and save
to USB disks:
http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/candidate/13.2.0-7
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.75/os/candidate/13.2.0-7
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.5/os/candidate/13.2.0-7
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/candidate/13.2.0-7

This is a signed release candidate that can be installed on all XOs,
even those with security enabled.

We're looking for any final testing and feedback on all aspects of the
system. Thanks for any help you can offer, and for all the feedback
that was received throughout development.

One significant known issue is an XO-4 crash when it goes into "deep
sleep" with the screen off, which can also be triggered in other
similar sleep modes (#12657). This will be fixed for the next
candidate build.

Changes since the last development build:

Write's document view is no longer corrupted when working in rotated
modes on XO-1.75 and XO-4 (#12339)

Maze no longer spams log files with a harmless sound error (#12677)

Buggy wireless networks no longer disappear from view (#12670)

XO-1.75 speakers no longer become muted after headphone use (#12683)

Squashfs support is present for XO-1.75 and XO-4 (#12682)

The XO-1.75 activation initramfs works again (#12672)

XO-1.75 and XO-4 bootup is no longer interrupted by the presence of an
NTFS filesystem on a USB disk. (#12678)

Thanks!