Updating from 31035o[0,2] to 32002o[0,2]

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 01:13:17 EDT 2013

On the XO-1 olpc-update failed on 2 consecutive attempts  with different manifest error each time.
In both case when was getting tight on disk space.
The update requires significant free space (more than 250MB) and time (more than 2 hours).
Maybe olpc-update from 13.1.0 to 13.2.0 is un-realistic for the XO-1.
It requires major cleanup and Activity/Library deletions before attempted.

On the XO-1.75 the update finished eventually (in more than an hour) OK. Updated the firmware upon reboot fine.
Software update found all the activities "up to date".
I'm assuming the G1G1 Activities list is not updated to include Journal Share, Music Keyboard, Paint-57 etc.
Though I can not tell if it was because of the update or the (manual) installation of Music Keyboard, the XO-1.75 had no sound (not because was no "mute" ;).
This persisted through reboots and was fixed after running `alsamixer -V all' (without changing any setting).