Changing the Favorite Activities

T Gillett tgillett at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 04:02:33 EDT 2013

Hi All

Just an update on this in case it is useful to others.

Following Jerry's suggestion, I wrote a script (stored on USB) that
installs a new version of the file:

    /usr/share/sugar/data/activities.defaults

containing the set of activites that we want, and also removes (renames)
the file:

   /home/olpc/.sugar/default/favorite_activities

On rebooting, the favorite_activities file is recreated from the new
activities.defaults
and we get just the list of favorites in the Ring that we want. No other
user interaction is required.

Regards
Terry