OS Builder output img ?

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Sun Mar 24 09:39:31 EDT 2013

The "fs0.zip" file would only appear if you configured everything to make a
signed build.  You would only be able to make a signed build if you had a
copy of the private keys for the deployment you are making the signed build
for.   Only OLPC has the keys to make a signed build that pretty much any
XO-1 will accept.

The .crc and .img files, when copied to USB, etc., are enough to install
the image on a unlocked XO-1 with a command like "copy-nand
u:\21007xx0.img" from the "ok" Open Firmware prompt (available if you press
the "ESC"/(X) key while the startup sound plays on unlocked units).