SD Card boot for 12.1.0

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 12 16:05:25 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:04:19PM +0000, tkkang at nurturingeducation.com wrote:
> I have XO 1.75 which already have 12.1.0 installed. I created a SD
> for booting with the 12.1.0 image but get the following error while
> booting with the SD:
>
> Emergency condition encountered, halting.
> To obtain a debug shelll ..... boot with the 'olpc.emergency'kernal parameter
>
> [ 27.438857] dracut warning: "dev/disk/mmc/mmc0p2" does not exist
>
> ... Kernal panic, etc

Yes, I've seen that.  It was fixed in 13.1.0 by a change to
olpc-boot-cmdline.sh in the dracut-modules-olpc git repository.  The
situation is quite complicated.  It may depend on the firmware
version.

We do not plan to release a 12.1.1, so the only fix is in git or in
13.1.0.  To use the fix in git you would need to re-run
olpc-os-builder, or reconstruct the initrd with the change.  I don't
know how to do that.

> I have no problem with SD card ( running 13.1.0 (build 35) booting on my XO
> 1.75.

Thanks for confirming that.

--
James Cameron