[support-gang] Customization Sticks fails on 13.1.0 & 12.1.0 for XO-1

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 11 01:39:14 EDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 02:58:02PM -0400, Richard A. Smith wrote:
> On 03/09/2013 01:35 PM, Kevin Gordon wrote:
>
> >I seem to remember from the devel list that martin and Daniel said
> >there are no plans to re-enable it.  The future is OOB.
>
> Chopping the list down to just devel@ for my comments.
>
> Perhaps I don't understand but I don't see how OOB can work for a
> setup like Adam is describing in Haiti where they have laptops in
> the mix that are secure.  Unless they first un-secure every laptop a
> custom OS build wth OOB would have to be signed by OLPC or Reuben
> would have to give them a Haiti key thats installed via keyjector.

Agreed.  Wish I'd know there were secured laptops involved before I
suggested olpc-os-builder.  I now take that back, and instead point
out that in the absence of a working customisation stick, the next
best thing is a working collection stick for un-securing.  At least
the collection stick doesn't rely on any operating system support.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/