Auckland Testing Summary 2 March 2013

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Mar 4 13:04:06 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:
> Auckland Testing Summary 2 March 2013
> Who: John, Hans, Oliver, Tabitha, Tom

Thanks! We had been missing these reports.

> In Physics on XO-1.75 the top couple of cm of the screen is white. The exact
> line where this happens moves around. This has been reported before. This
> doesn’t happen in the same way on the XO-4, with a complicated enough
> display, the whole screen flickers every few seconds. The more complicated
> the display the worse it gets, to the point where it becomes unusable (3/4
> of the screen is permanently white with only a few objects on the screen).
> Also the mouse pointer is very badly corrupted. This looks like
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11922

I can't reproduce this here after a quick test. However, build 34
should fix the cursor corruption issue, which might have been linked
to the other issues you were seeing.

> Write works well, but inserting an image is strange. On one laptop the
> insert image window appeared behind write, giving the impression that the
> clicking on the button does nothing. We opened log and during that process
> the missing insert image screens appeared. This only happened once but
> during this event we opened many instances of the insert image window with
> them all appearing behind Write. It took quite some time to close them all.

CC'd Gonzalo to make him aware of this issue.

You are probably seeing http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/12542

> Tab tested on XO-1.75 memorize, measure (basic), maze, implode, tamtam mini,
> help (still no keybd shortcut image), ruler, clock, record, moon, stopwatch,
> simplegraph (also know as chart - can we  pick one name?), portfolio,
> labyrinth.

Chart is the correct name. Where do you see it as SimpleGraph?

Thanks
Daniel