Re: [OLPC New Zealand] Māori Macrons & olpc keyboard

Walter Bender walter.bender at
Tue Jun 25 18:52:06 EDT 2013

The widget was broken until recently. Not sure my patches have landed
in any releases yet. But we should be able to make a layout that works
for both English and Maori without any end-user intervention. Will try
to get to it this week.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar at> wrote:
> On 24/06/2013 9:43 PM, "Walter Bender" <walter.bender at> wrote:
>> Which build are you running? In the latest Sugar builds, there is a
>> keyboard settings control panel section. We could probably backport it
>> to your build if it is reasonably recent.
> I remember that perhaps a year ago we had to remove the keyboard applet
> because it was causing some weird side effects. It wasn't a concern at the
> time because our focus was on English.

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs