Devel Digest, Vol 88, Issue 19

lionel at lionel at
Wed Jun 19 15:44:04 EDT 2013

Hi Richard,

Very sad to hear that. You've been one of the most important people for
communities. Your knowledge of the hardware help us many time in many way.

Wish you all the best for your new job.

Best regards from France and a big thanks from the 250 XO owners of OLPC
France laptops that you've contributed to help.

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:15:32 -0400
From: "Richard A. Smith" <richard at>
To: OLPC Devel <Devel at>
Subject: So long and thanks for all the fish.

This is my public announcement that I'm leaving OLPC. I have accepted a new
position at Bobo Analytics.  My last day with OLPC is the 21st.

At Bobo I'll be working along side with Ed McNierney and Mitch Bradly so it
won't feel too far away from OLPC.

The last 6.5 years have been an amazing journey.  There really aren't the
words to express it.  I'm extremely honored to have had the chance to work
at OLPC and been able to work with some of the most amazing people I've ever
met.  I'm proud of what OLPC, its associates and volunteers have been able
to accomplish and I'll always carry fond memories of my contributions to the

I'll continue to lurk on IRC and you can still reach me by my
richard at address.  If that stops at some point then
smithbone at will be around as long as google keeps it.

Take care everyone.

Richard A. Smith  <richard at>
One Laptop per Child