So long and thanks for all the fish.

Richard A. Smith richard at
Wed Jun 19 11:15:32 EDT 2013

This is my public announcement that I'm leaving OLPC. I have accepted a
new position at Bobo Analytics.  My last day with OLPC is the 21st.

At Bobo I'll be working along side with Ed McNierney and Mitch Bradly so
it won't feel too far away from OLPC.

The last 6.5 years have been an amazing journey.  There really aren't
the words to express it.  I'm extremely honored to have had the chance
to work at OLPC and been able to work with some of the most amazing
people I've ever met.  I'm proud of what OLPC, its associates and
volunteers have been able to accomplish and I'll always carry fond
memories of my contributions to the project.

I'll continue to lurk on IRC and you can still reach me by my
richard at address.  If that stops at some point then
smithbone at will be around as long as google keeps it.

Take care everyone.

Richard A. Smith  <richard at>
One Laptop per Child