Re-install os885 on XO-1.5 error

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jun 13 02:17:03 EDT 2013

I'm a bit interested.  I haven't been able to make any of mine fail,
and I've a collection of about twelve so far, accumulated over ten
years.

I've always found my problems to be either:

- invalid partitioning,

- unrepeatable corruption of the partition table or filesystem, or;

- physical wear on the connectors,

- plastic dimensions that prevent full insertion.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:03:20PM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:

> > * try a different USB drive,
>
> I wore out a USB drive, just by downloading new versions of XO-1.0 software
> to try. (Kingston, 2GB)
>
> copy-nand complained.  I forget the exact error message, but it was obvious
> after I compared the bits on the USB drive against the bits on the disk.
>
> Many thanks for the CRC checking part of copy-nand.
>

> I still have the busted USB drive if anybody wants one that is
> just-flakey-enough for testing.
>

> --
> These are my opinions.  I hate spam.

James Cameron