Re-install os885 on XO-1.5 error

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Thu Jun 13 00:24:50 EDT 2013

Hello again,

I wanted to test reinstalling XO-1.5 (2GB) release 11.3.1 from a USB stick,

I downloaded and copied to the stick

os885.zd2

os885.zd2.zsp.fs.zip  (and renamed it fs.zip)

following the instructions at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/11.3.1#XO-1.5

It goes into the screen with the green blocks replacing grey, but there are
some significant gaps (blocks stay grey) and finally it stops with the
error:

<buffer at 1c00000>:4864: Wrong expanded data length

Screenshots attached.

However, after doing this and rebooting, the XO  starts up OK (using first
time the lease.sig) and asks for name, colours etc - and although not fully
tested all the Activities seem to be there, wireless is working etc.

So why the error? Anything I should look for in the logs (/var/log)?

David Leeming

Solomon Islands