Compiling thee kernel

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Tue Jun 11 09:06:38 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:

> ajay wrote:
>  > Hi James.
>  > Thanks a ton for the reply !!!!
>  >
>  > Here are the steps I followed on my x86-based Dell laptop::
>  >
>  > a)
>  > "cd ~"
>  >
>  >
>  > b)
>  > "git clone git://dev.laptop.org/olpc-kernel"
>  >
>  >
>  > c)
>  > "cd olpc-kernel"
>  >

> you left out:
>     cp arch/x86/configs/xo_1.5_defconfig .config
>     make oldconfig

Ohh ok..

Currently, I do not see any such file as  arch/x86/configs/xo_1.5_defconfig
:-\
Doing "ls -l arch/x86/configs gives me" ::

[ajay at localhost olpc-kernel]$ ls -l arch/x86/configs/
total 16
-rw-rw-r--. 1 ajay ajay 7511 Jun  9 05:37 i386_defconfig
-rw-rw-r--. 1 ajay ajay 7528 Jun  9 05:37 x86_64_defconfig

Paul,

a)
Are there some additional steps to generate the config file for XO-1.5?

b)
Secondly, is the "marvell" module generatable only on the XO-1.5? As far as
I know, the OmniVersion sensor works since the earliest series of laptops?