Compiling thee kernel

Ajay Garg ajay at
Tue Jun 11 06:05:51 EDT 2013

Hi all.

I cloned the kernel source-code from git://, and
ran "make" from my Dell x86-based laptop. The compilation ran to completion

However, I noticed that "marvell" module (in drivers/media/video) was not
compiled. As a very vague guess, the reason seems to be that compiling this
module requires the presence of I2C network-bus, which does not seem to be
the case with the x86-based Dell laptop (which used SMBus).

Is my reasoning correct?
Is there a way at all to (cross-)compile the "marvell" module on the x86
Dell laptop?

I will be grateful for any pointers :)

(I am sorry if I sound too stupid.)