Devel Digest, Vol 89, Issue 31

lionel at olpc-france.org lionel at olpc-france.org
Sun Jul 21 15:24:45 EDT 2013

Hi Samuel,

You're right I've upgraded the firmware alone.
I've reflashed the XO 1.75 with 12.1.0 and Q4D17 embedded and it works
perfectly !

Thanks for your help.

	Lionel

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 11:28:50 -0400
From: Samuel Greenfeld <greenfeld at laptop.org>
To: lionel at olpc-france.org
Cc: OLPC Devel <devel at lists.laptop.org>
Subject: Re: Sound issue with XO 1.75 related to OFW version

It sounds like you are trying to upgrade firmware without upgrading your OS.

As of Q4D26 the startup sound was moved to be stored on the internal storage
instead of in the firmware.  The two beeps therefore are expected if the OS
does not have a copy of the startup sound on disk to use.

Which OS are you trying to run?  If you use the version of firmware include
with the sound within the operating system should work properly.

There was an issue with some older firmware versions where if you muted the
startup sound by turning down the audio level all the way down when the
system was first booting, then audio in Linux would not work.  So make sure
you hear at least something during startup.