Sound issue with XO 1.75 related to OFW version

lionel at olpc-france.org lionel at olpc-france.org
Sun Jul 21 09:38:27 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I’ve got a sound issue on a XO 1.75 that seems to be related to firmware
version.

In Q4D34

The sound test on firmware works perfectly: both playing and recording.

At startup, instead of the sweet XO sound I’ve got two short Beep.

No activity can’t play sound: neither Tam-Tam mini, Speak, Browse,

I’ve tested the FixSound activity (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/FixSound)
without more luck.

When I downgrade firmware to Q4B10, the sound work normally both in firmware
test and in Sugar activities.

Q4B10 is mentioned to be the last firmware for A2 and A3
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware#XO-1.75).

Does it mean that the XO is an A2 or A3 model?

Is there any way to check it?

The XO is a reference SKU203 and have serial SHC20600096.

Best regards from France.

                Lionel.