Headphone volume adjustment

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jul 5 11:48:05 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> Fixed for XO-4 in:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/olpc-kernel/commit/?h=arm-3.5&id=e77de3d4ec7589af2e88014018c69528ceab3293

Thanks for looking at this.

I'm trying to review the change. I am a bit stuck though, because I
still don't understand the answer to the opening question on this
thread: is this a bug or by design?

Do I gather correctly from your initial response that it is by design
that the headphone volume slider does not cover the full range offered
by the hardware? That is, if I use alsamixer to set the volume as low
as it will go, the value programmed to the hardware is not the lowest
that the hardware can go? If that is the case, why?

Thanks
Daniel