XO-1(.75)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jul 4 21:06:53 EDT 2013

quozl at laptop.org said:
> A better measurement to look for is the elapsed time of activity startup.
> This is a most interesting value, but it is difficult to obtain without
> changing the activity source so that the point of startup completion is
> identified.  (That task is made more difficult since some activities
> schedule some of their startup _after_ their main startup.)

Would it be worth adding a small chunk of code to Sugar to help this area?
I'm thinking of an API to say "OK, I'm really started now." so Sugar can log
a line of data on how long it took to get started.

There should probably be an environment variable to or similar enable that
performance logging.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.