XO-1(.75)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jul 4 02:19:57 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 11:03:17PM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> [...]

Oh good, now I understand.

> >>  They might point to specific stacks in the
> >>  architecture and/or core OS that may need attention (I originally
> >>  thought was that activities with an extended non-python component or
> >>  proportionally less gtk3, fair better on the XO-1.75 - but what do I
> >>  know ;).
> >>  Anyway, if the knowledgeable believe there is nothing to it or
> >>  anything to be done about it,' there goes the comparison.
> >
> > We wait for someone who seems interested in fixing performance
> > problems on the old hardware.  It requires quite a depth of knowledge
> > and a lot of time.  It isn't something that we can justify a huge
> > investment in.
>>
> I would think that the performance of newer hardware may be the one
> that needs attention but certainly can not prioritize it (unless if
> XO-1.75 classifies under "older" by now).

XO-1.75 and XO-4 are current, but XO-1.5 and XO-1 are old.

We are certainly interested in any ways to make clear performance
improvements on XO-1.75 and XO-4.

We are also interested in the same for XO-1.5 and XO-1, but my guess
is that the number of people who will immediately benefit may be much
lower.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/