resurrected XO-1.5, died again

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jul 1 04:02:39 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 12:53:47AM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> I do not know for how long the "toasted" [1] XO-1.5 boards worked
> but my "oven baked" [2] board died again after 8 months of daily use
> and a guestimated 400+ hours.  I do not know if this is long enough
> to justify the process (roughly half a school year worth, I would
> guess), but I thought to record it just the same.

Good data, thanks.

> The XO-1.5 is by far, my favorite of the 3 models I have (1, 1.5,
> 1.75).   Does it make any sense (safety considerations aside) to
> retry it?

It makes as much sense as it always did, I think.  Given that you
can't change the composition and position of the metals, the problem
might still come back.

You now have a chance to review your safety considerations too.  I
would not use the same oven for food ever again, for instance.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/