Solution for "Unimplemented package interface procedure" error on XO-1.5?

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 15:23:32 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Christoph Derndorfer
> <christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > A quick search on w.l.o turned up this ticket from 2010
> > (https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10017).
> >
> > While it does say that the bug was fixed in subsequent versions it
> doesn't
> > really provide a solution on what to do when the issue is encountered.
> >
> > Am I right in assuming that doing a separate upgrade of the firmware and
> > then running the OS reflash again would address this? Or is there
> anything
> > else I need to do?
>
> That sounds accurate. If the machine is locked and you want to avoid
> the hassle of getting a dev key, take the file
> /bootpart/boot/bootfw.zip from a XO-1.5 12.1.0 machine and put it in
> the same place on the XO in question, overwriting the previous file.
> Then reboot the system with power attached (normal boot - don't try to
> reflash yet), it should auto-update the firmware.

Hey Daniel,

thanks a lot for the quick reply and clarification.

The way you describe sounds even easier than doing the regular USB firmware
upgrade (
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Upgrading_firmware#Upgrading_using_a_USB_drive)
which I was going for.

Cheers,
Christoph (still not finished with my studies, just in case you were
wondering;-)

--
Christoph Derndorfer

volunteer, OLPC (Austria) [www.olpc.at]