Location for source-rpm of "ejabberd", being used in XS-0.7

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Tue Jan 15 11:43:52 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 18:54 +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I am wanting to share the sugar-activities, via "gabble" protocol.
> >
> > As a first step, I installed
> > http://dev.laptop.org/xs/OLPC-School-Server-0.7-i386.iso on a
> > VirtualBox, and did the "xs-setup example.org " step.
> > (As the second step, I chose "manual networking", to configure the
> > virtual-image as per my network. After the networking was set, I could
> > use the "Chat" activity between two XOs fine :) :)
> >

> > Now, I wish to have this sharing done, with only ejabberd running (in
> > other words, without installing all the other components that come
> > along packaged with the XS).
> > The "ejabberd" version (as shown by "rpm -qa | grep ejabberd") is
> > "ejabberd-2.1.10.el6.olpc1.i686"
> >
> > Regarding this, I wanted to know the source of the ejabberd rpm being
> > used ::
> >
> >     (i)
> >     Is it the vanilla Fedora rpm that is being used?
> >
> >     (ii)
> >     Or some OLPC-specific patches come along (which would mean there
> > must be a corresponding "OLPC" src-rpm for the same :) )
> >

> It's patched, have a look in:
> http://dev.laptop.org/xs/repos/stable/olpc/xs-0.7/source/

Thanks Jerry; as  usual you were on the spot :)
I could build and install the rpm on Fedora :)

Just one more question:
===================

I still see that there are some differences (mainly related to the "served
domain names", and "allowed clients that could register" fields) between
the XS-0.7's ejabberd.cfg, and the one I just installed on Fedora.

Although I know the steps to change these settings to make ejabberd work,
but I still wonder whether the ejabberd-installed-after-building-
http://dev.laptop.org/xs/repos/stable/olpc/xs-0.7/source/ejabberd-2.1.10-1.el6.olpc1.src.rpmshould
be the same as
ejabberd-found-on-XS-0.7-just-after-the-XS-has-been-installed (i.e., the
XS-ejabberd's snapshot just before "xs-setup example.org" is run).

Anyways, thanks a ton !!!

--
Regards,

Ajay Garg