Adobe Flash for XO-4 and XO-1.75

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Tue Jan 1 15:59:06 EST 2013

To the best of my knowledge, the XO-1.75 and XO-4 have no hardware-level
x86 compatibility.  They use processors that use the ARM architecture.

If you absolutely need x86 support on these platforms and cannot
recompile/rebuild code, the qemu platform might be able to help.

In the past OLPC has worked with deployments to get their custom activities
updated to be more platform independent.  In general most applications
available in Fedora are now compiled for ARM automatically as well.

Adobe Flash support is available for 11.3.1 and 12.1.0 for XO-1.75 (along
with accelerated video playback in the latter) but I would not be the
person to know their licensing.  Contact whomever you are working with at
OLPC (for sales/deployment/etc.) for details.