Playing video on Sugar startup with VMETA

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:36:38 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> We're trying to make XO-1.75s play quality video on Sugar startup. Our
> solution involves installing the VMETA software on 12.1.0 and then

Calling in Totem seems like a mess. Can I humbly suggest that you
teach the Welcome activity to play videos, via gstreamer?

That was our original plan (but we didn't have video material, so we
didn't implement that part). It seems way easier.

Part of the problem may be that the Sugar desktop session isn't fully
started at that point. Welcome activity can handle that, but it is
understandable if normal apps don't exactly like it.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions