13.1.0 release candidate 6 (build 30) released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Feb 14 18:38:01 EST 2013

Hi,

We're pleased to announce the next release candidate of our new 13.1.0
software release.

Information and installation instructions can be found here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.1.0

Quick links for those who know which files need to be grabbed and save
to USB disks:
http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/candidate/13.1.0-30
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.75/os/candidate/13.1.0-30
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.5/os/candidate/13.1.0-30
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/candidate/13.1.0-30

This is a signed release candidate that can be installed on all XOs,
even those with security enabled.

We're looking for testing and feedback on all aspects of the system.
Thanks for any help you can offer, and for all the feedback that was
received throughout development.

Please review the "Known problems" section of the release notes. Some
documented issues are carried over from previous releases, but others
are new and are things that we will aim to fix in the few weeks before
release.

XO-4 automatic power management is enabled by default, but this is
still a work in progress. There are still various instabilities which
may make this build feel more unstable than earlier ones. You can
disable automatic power management in sugar's Settings panel to
restore previous behaviour.

Compared to the previous release candidate, we have changed:

Latest wake-on-WLAN fixes for 8787 wireless. The C1 machines should
now have somewhat reliable wake-on-WLAN.

The no-mouse-on-boot problem should be finally resolved (#12101).
Please shout if you see further cases of dead touchpad upon boot.

systemd no longer conflicts with powerd's lid handling (#12504)

olpc-dev-kernel works on XO-1.75 (#12531)

Wikipedia now works when offline (#12479)

Thanks!