[Techteam] Announcing Q7B16 for XO-4

Tim Shepard shep at laptop.org
Thu Feb 14 02:40:10 EST 2013

After upgrading to q7b16 I tried wake-on-lan with mwifiex/8787 on
this new OpenFirmware and could not get it to work.

So I downgraded back to q7b15 and downgraded the EC code as well
(with "flash-ec rom:ecimage.bin") and then demonstrated wake-on-lan
from mwifiex/8787 works again).

Then I upgraded the EC to 0.3.12 and wake-on-lan from mwifiex/8787
still worked.

Then I upgraded to q7b16 again and it did not work.  I'm too tired at
the moment to go on and try with the different version of CForth and
OpenFirmware, but I can continue sometime in the morning.

BTW, according to http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q7b16 and
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q7b15 they both have the same
version of EC code.  But "flash-ec rom:ecimage.bin" from q7b16
reveals that it has "EC firmware version: XO-EC 7 0.3.12
2013/02/13-20:00" in it.

			-Tim Shepard
			 shep at laptop.org