"Page Fault" message on XO-1 and another Fix Clock question

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 17:58:47 EST 2013

Hey everyone,

(1) on Friday while looking at one of the XO-1s which didn't show anything
on the display (even with a display which was known to work) with the
serial adapter I saw the attached output.

Looking at the wiki now and given the number of "invalid system date"
issues we saw on other machines I assume this is a case of the "page fault"
message situation described on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Fix_Clock#If_the_screen_does_not_turn_on. Or are
there any other issues which could produce such an output?

(2) Mike sent me a bunch of ML 1220 batteries as replacements for the XO-1
units which showed the "invalid system date" messages. However even with
the new batteries in-place, after verifying that the (old) battery holders
looked okay and having set the current time on the command-line the system
date reverted back to 2000-01-01 00:00:00 after every reboot (and hence the
"invalid system date" message kept coming up again). Any suggestions on
what to do in such a situation?

Thanks,
Christoph

--