olpc os builder

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Dec 31 18:06:29 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 05:46:33PM -0500, Tim Moody wrote:
> However, just to be clear, if I build from
> /usr/share/doc/olpc-os-builder-5.0.2/examples/olpc-os-12.1.0-xo1.ini,
> will the image be identical to the release, regardless of build
> number?

Yes, if every file downloaded to your builder is the same as every
file downloaded to our builder.

As much time has elapsed since we made our build, it is hard to see
how that could be guaranteed.

You should test by comparing the packages.txt and activities.txt files
in the build directory with our files.

Packages originate from the repositories.  Activities originate from
the Wiki based lists.

Let me know what differences you see, in case I have an explanation
cached.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/