latest HaitiOS-0.6 very close

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Dec 27 00:28:48 EST 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 2:52 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 02:26:05AM -0500, Adam Holt wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <
> alanjas at hotmail.com
> > > wrote:
> >
> >     >as our more English/Intl version
> >
> >     This activity is on Pootle, written in English and translated to
> French,
> >     Spanish, Chinese etc.
> >
> >     I found that you are using Jump!! :-)
> >
> >     http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4599
> >

> > While our near-final list of Activities is here:
> > http://xsce.activitycentral.com/downloads/HaitiOS-0.6/bundles/
> >
> > Layered on top of XO-1's tried+true Release 12.1.0:
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1/12.1
> >
> > I'm also encouraging Sora to showcase in Haiti over Dec/Jan any/all new
> Sugar
> > Activity recommendations such as Alan's
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities
> > /ConozcoAmerica, to see what's meaningfully enticing in our small but
> growing
> > list of schools.  And arguably much more interesting are the computer
> clubs
> > we're creating at orphanages, where curiosity for XOs seems to be
> consistently
> > higher.  So that many more countries than just Haiti can benefit from
> unknown
> > but fascinating Sugar Activities, on these XO-1s that will never
> > die!

i_know_america-9.xo has been added to HaitiOS 0.6:

   http://xsce.activitycentral.com/downloads/HaitiOS-0.6/bundles

As we continue to polish this off day-by-day for Haiti and Contributors
Program, eg. many units of our Intl Version shipping to Nepal & Indonesia
next week:

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/HaitiOS#Mods_for_Intl_Version

Thanks Alan--some of the island/river/bay names in Haiti are poorly
translated, but still a great start considering how many countries you
covered, even if you don't have energy for Asia's OLPC 2.0 just yet ;)

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !