The mouse touch pad doesn't work on XO4

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Dec 21 09:55:40 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Basanta Shrestha
> <basanta.shrestha at olenepal.org> wrote:
>> yes it works! But the value goes back to original ie. '1' after reboot and
>> /etc/rc.local doesn't work here.
>
> It works, but it will get overridden by olpc-configure which runs later.

I don't think /etc/rc.local does work. The correct path is /etc/rc.d/rc.local

> Change olpc-configure, or run your fixup after olpc-configure.

The mouse setup is done by udev.
/lib/udev/olpc_mouse_setup

rc.local will probably run after this is done but that may not be guaranteed.

If that turns out to be unreliable, the write to disable_gesture could
be done in olpc_mouse_setup after this line:

  echo -n "SynRelPS/2" > $protocol_path

Daniel