The mouse touch pad doesn't work on XO4

Daniel Drake dsd at
Sat Dec 21 09:55:40 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Basanta Shrestha
> <basanta.shrestha at> wrote:
>> yes it works! But the value goes back to original ie. '1' after reboot and
>> /etc/rc.local doesn't work here.
> It works, but it will get overridden by olpc-configure which runs later.

I don't think /etc/rc.local does work. The correct path is /etc/rc.d/rc.local

> Change olpc-configure, or run your fixup after olpc-configure.

The mouse setup is done by udev.

rc.local will probably run after this is done but that may not be guaranteed.

If that turns out to be unreliable, the write to disable_gesture could
be done in olpc_mouse_setup after this line:

  echo -n "SynRelPS/2" > $protocol_path