Announcing an early Android build for XO-4
quozl at laptop.org
Thu Dec 19 20:01:08 EST 2013
An Android 4.3.1 (Jelly Bean) build for the XO-4 laptop.
OLPC is preparing an Android, Sugar and Gnome dual-boot system for the
An early development release of an Android-only build is available.
It is yet to be optimised for performance. In particular, the
graphics are very slow.
The build is based on our arm-3.5 kernel, with changes which can be
found in the arm-3.5-android branch of our olpc-kernel repository.
To install it:
- make a backup of anything you want to keep on the XO-4, because it
will be erased by this test,
- ensure the firmware is upgraded to Q7B37,
- determine the size of your eMMC internal storage; it will be either
4GB or 8GB, and is shown by the firmware just before the ok prompt,
- download the corresponding .zd file,
- at the ok prompt, type this:
- when the installation completes, type this:
- very slow screen response due to graphics driver needing work, to
the point of being impractical,
- the power button may not be operational, or may not operate in the
fashion that Android devices normally provide,
- Bluetooth is not operational,
- USB may not be operational,
- the touchpad is not implemented,
- the ambient light sensor is not implemented,
- the e-book switch is not implemented,
- the microphone jack may not be operational,
- the headphone hack may not be operational,
Do not rely on this build for any critical data.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Devel