[support-gang] Real time clock battery during XO storage

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Dec 10 02:10:08 EST 2013

Really need some essential data before diagnosing and testing this,
because the ambiguity leads to an explosion of combinations that make
it impractical, so please answer these questions:

1.  what is a serial number from the batch?  (I don't have access to
records that identify Elaine, but I do have a list of serial numbers
and associated data).

2.  what version of OLPC OS was installed?  (You didn't say, and it is
critical).

3.  what was the symptom that led you to determine the laptops needed
debricking?

4.  what was done with serial adapters to debrick them?

5.  did you install the latest firmware at the same time as debricking
them, or did you leave the laptops with the same problematic firmware?

6.  if you left the laptops with the same problematic firmware, can
you please explain why?

Do ask your contacts in the deployment to get these answers if you
can't supply them, thanks.

It is my hope that I can tell you how to approach the situation now,
and in the future.

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/